Oliver + S

Vest for School Days Raincoat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

Hi,

I am about to begin a school days raincoat (using laminated cotton) for my daughter and I was wondering if anyone had done a raincoat with the removable vest (as opposed to a woll coat with removable vest). We live in GA and can really use raincoats that work in warm and cooler weather since it rarely snows, so I was thinking that having the optional quilted vest would allow the raincoat to work for more seasons.

Has anyone done this? Is this a ridiculous idea?

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Alexandra

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I love that idea! That’s exactly what I was thinking when I designed it. We get some very chilly, rainy days here in NYC, and the extra insulation can come in handy. I hope you’ll show it to us when you’re finished.

LINK
    eban @eban

I made the removable inner jacket for my daughter’s raincoat and I love it. We have a lot of rain in the winter and it works perfect.

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

Alexandra:

I did that with my daughter’s raincoat as well. I love it! I live in NE Iowa and it can be cold on some of our rainy days. It helps to make the coat so versitile for spring, summer and fall. That’s why I love this coat pattern so much, the versitility! You can’t get that with a store bought coat as easily! Have fun!

Rebecca

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.