Oliver + S

Variation E dress

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    Ava @fitdoc

On page 20 they show the variation E dress. But in the description is says ” closures/lining: lined bodice with front bottoms..”

so I’m assuming the lining is only part of the shaped neckline correct. Its not that there is lining past the darker blue neckline?

I want to make this with short sleeves and skip the princess seams and just do the empire waist with gathered front, more like a tunic style.

Page 118 has the internal neck facing which is supposed to go with this square neck but the diagrams are for a different shape. Anyone do with with the square neckline?

Ava

LINK
    Escan @eescan1

I can answer the last part of your question, but I see this question is 2 months old so maybe you have already figured it out. I am not an expert sewer by any means but I followed the same directions for the internal neck facing with a square neck line and it worked for me. I was also nervous because the illustration is not for a square neckline and I am fairly new to garment sewing but I have made 3 dresses and 2 tops following the instructions for the modifications I wanted and it had never let me down! Trust the process:)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.