Oliver + S

tutu length?? and sizing??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    sosew @sosew

im making the tutu for a little girl for her 4th birthday.

her mom says she wears size 5 now, she is skinny but tall.

any thoughts on the right length? what about the width?

I would rather it be knee length so she can wear it for a while…

thanks!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Could you ask her mother to measure her waist and her wasit to knee length? If this isn’t possible, just use the O+S body charts as a reference. A perfect fit isn’t necessary here. Consider making it a few inches below knee length so it will last. It looks better a little on the longer side.

LINK
    sosew @sosew

I guess I should, I was hoping to make a surprise, but its probably better.

Should I tell her to measure her natural waist or somewhere else? I guess on little girls it isnt that different eh?

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I often take a bit of a guess. I found out that leg break (where the legs bend under the hip) to knee should be about 1/4 of the total height measurement and waist to knee would be about 3/8 of the height measurement. I would look at the size 5&6 patterns and see what heights they are for then use approximately 3/8 of that measurement for the length of the tutu.

Again I would use the measurements from the Oliver and S sizing, especially as the sizing for this one is not critical and children tend to grow up not out at the waist area.

Good luck, hope all the maths made sense!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.