Site icon Oliver + S

To those that prefer digital patterns

I am having an internal debate... I am considering selling my paper patterns and converting to digital (where available) for O + S. I find that my biggest obstacle in getting started on a new project is the pulling out the big sheet, flattening it out, tracing (which I STINK at), adding in all the pattern markings (which I stink at), and then finally cutting (only stink mildly at), and then attempting to refold the fragile tissue paper so that it will neatly fit back in, or at least be neat, period.

I have made the Popover sundress, and made a dress from another digital pattern co, and found that it felt so much quicker for me to get from pattern to sewing. The pattern markings were already there, so I didn't have to worry about not having the notches in the right place, button holes, etc. I didn't really mind one bit aligning up the different pages, and appreciated how easy it was to tape, cut and sew.

I also liked that I didn't have to worry about spilling anything on the pattern, or keep track of the instructions, since I could just look it up on my iPad or laptop sitting at my side. I'm not as concerned about being "green" with sewing, since I only print out the few pattern pieces pages.

Now for those of you that LIKE pdfs more than paper, can you tell me your reasons? I have every single O+S pattern, incl OOP and HTF ones, and so the thought of voluntarily parting with them is hard! Also, the pdfs don't seem that much cheaper. I'd like to hear your thoughts, esp anything more than "I just like it better..."

Thanks!

~Melissa

Exit mobile version