Oliver + S

Tips for finishing Class Picnic Shorts with an overlocker/ serger

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • LINK
    paula @paula

I have made a few pairs of these shorts prior to having a serger, but they always seemed to fall apart during washing. Now that I have a serger, I thought I would try again. I am having trouble in a few spots, though…

1. The point where the faux fly meets the center rise seam.

2. The two inner thigh side seams that are cut on a diagonal and sewn on the wrong side then turned and sewn on the right side.

I pulled the tails of the serger thread back through the stitching, but in both places the serger misses some of the fabric and I am worried it may fray over time. I did use some fray check in hopes to minimize.

Should I be finishing my fabric edges before sewing to help? Any suggestions are welcome!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Hi @paula I have a tute for these and I wonder if it may be of some help. https://au.pinterest.com/pin/73676143875180630/

The pairs I have made are on to the third child and still going strong. The also make awesome swim shorts in taslon.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.