Site icon Oliver + S

Time Management Tips and Tricks…..I need some!

I have to say that I am absolutely amazed by the work that all of you on here do. I am constantly looking at the Flickr site and reading posts on the forums in-between the other things that need to be done. I just have to ask.....how do you do it? I know everyone on here has a very busy life, but you manage to get so much productive sewing done. The quantity of what some of you put out amazes me! Granted, I am a beginner and it takes me a while to catch on sometimes...and I sometimes spend more time ripping seams than sewing them. I also work full time and have two very energetic children. (The fact that some of you have as many as 5 and can get all of that sewing done is impressive to me!)

Okay, so here's what I want to know....how do you manage your projects? Do you cut out more than one pattern at a time that way you can sew them up instead of going through the whole process one at a time? (The prep work is important, but very time consuming as well.) For me, it takes an entire evening to trace and cut out a pattern and then pin it to the fabric and cut it out again. And we all know about those crazy, late night sewing mistakes...

Again, I am just absolutely amazed by all of you! It is so nice to be surrounded by an online community of so many talented people.

Exit mobile version