Oliver + S

Thread resurrection

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Hi, all – different forums have different preferences, so I thought I’d check before doing this here. If I have a question that’s related to an old thread, would the moderators rather I bump the old thread or start a new one?

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

What an interesting question! I don’t think it’s a huge issue either way, and there hasn’t been any prior discussion about it, but it’s very thoughtful of you to ask.

Speaking only for myself, I’d say that if you think your question would fit well within an existing discussion (and you can find it, sometimes it’s hard to turn up a thread you know exists if you can’t recall what it was named), then do feel free to bump an old thread. But if you want a quick answer, nobody will mind if you make a new thread. A mod can always come in and merge it with an older thread later, if they know of one that would be a good fit.

I guess the guiding concept would be that there’s a larger community here than actively posts, many just read, and threads are useful repositories of knowledge and discussion. If you can spot a good place to expand that discussion, go for it, but don’t feel you can’t ask something new.

LINK
    mkhs @mkhs

Ha, I clicked on this thinking, oooh I want to know how to resurrect old thread!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

By all means, start a new thread if you are in a hurry. I usually resort to Google to find an old thread.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I don’t mind either way. But I usually do a quick board search first and try and resurrect old threads first, then start a new one if my question isn’t thoroughly answered or truly pertinent. But that is usually because some fantastic advice has been bestowed upon us by all the lovelies here and I like to have all of the tips and tricks all in one thread LOL.

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Also wanted to add: This board doesn’t tend to have that annoying “repeat” phenomenon you see on realllyyyy big ones, where people ask the SAME question over and over again every minute of the day. LOL. We are an easy going (and helpful) bunch ’round these parts.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

@mkhs, I too thought the same thing! hahaha….

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

Thanks, everybody!

@mkhs
    , @cybele727 – Oops! Yeah, I can see how the title is misleading on a sewing forum!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.