Oliver + S

Taping the digital patterns?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    mollie_halbrook @mollie_halbrook

After cutting out the pattern pieces… Do you match up the circle or the grids? Do of the grids ever overlap when taped together or just rest next to each other?…..thanks in advance

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My son put the Fire Fly PDF together for me and the grids matched beautifully.

He trimmed one side and applied double sided sticky tape to the other so he was matching the grid with a paper ‘seam allowance’ underneath.

This worked really well.

I traced it after he had joined it up but the theory should be the same if you have cut first. Is that what you have done?

~Nicole~

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Agree with Hugo, I think that technique gives the most accurate and stable tape-up.

LINK
    Pink Zipper @Pink Zipper

Not on taping but another thing I found helpful with digital patterns, I run my bone folder tool over the folding line to enable perfect fold. I always found I went off on a bit of an angle when just folding with my fingers pressing the fold.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

I do as the previous poster said, by leaving an overlap… it makes it easier to line up the 1″ grid. I also try to have the overlap be the same on all the pieces in a line (you can fit them together before trimming) so it’s easier to fold. I usually use masking tape in a few spots, but a glue stick works well too and makes for a consistent join. (glue sticks tend to disappear around my 4 year old as she likes to put them in her little purse and pretend they are makeup.)

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

I went to get some double sided tape today, and they were sold out! What the what?? LOL

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.