Oliver + S

Sunday Brunch Blazer for Boys

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    SeattleMama @SeattleMama

Has anyone made a little boys’ blazer from the Sunday Brunch pattern? Seems like it wouldn’t take much altering to make it straight instead of gathered, add a collar/lapel, and bring the buttons all the way down. Has anyone tried this? The girl version was fun to make, but I had to give it to a friend as I’ve got little boys. O + S, I’d love a template for these alterations!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya
    LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I have made it before for my baby for this fall. He is still too little to wear it though. Maybe this next month or two he can. Here are the pictures of it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama_knowles03/6939628436/in/set-72157629131948728

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama_knowles03/6939627670/in/set-72157629131948728/

I took out the gathers and made the front panels and back panel into one. I just layed the patterns pieces over each other to get the right length. Just remember to over lap the top pattern piece and the bottom pattern piece to keep the length right with the seam allowances. If you want I can post pictures of how I traced the pattern pieces for this. The facing stayed the same with no changes to be made. You could even do buttons the whole way down the front. I want to try tis for my 6 year old son. I hope this was some help for you!

~Sharon~

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I see you are a few seconds quicker than I. 🙂

LINK
    Jane @jesims

Oh, I like this. Add another project to my list! 😉

LINK
    SeattleMama @SeattleMama

What a darling little brown jacket! It is great to see what other little boy projects are being made. Thanks for sharing your advice. I think I’ll give it a try, see if I can make it spunky instead of sweet to suit my little guy’s rough and tumble personality.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.