Oliver + S

Stretch Fold Over Binding

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

Does anyone use pre-made stretch fold-over binding? I found it while browsing the Tessuti shop and it looks like one of those things I’d be totally chuffed to pay for as opposed to doing myself. Does it work well? I’m sure it’s one of those things that’s readily available and I’ve just never noticed.

http://www.tessuti-shop.com/products/18mm-stretch-fold-over-binding-baby-pink

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

I have used it quite a bit recently. I have used it for binding swimsuits and for using it as binding on my daughter’s swimsuit cover up. Both patterns from Sewing Mod Kid Style. It’s also an easy way to finish off basic tees. There’s so many fun types out there you can really make a T-shirt look store bought by using some fun fold over elastics. There’s no raw edges to have to worry about finishing which is nice. I don’t use it exclusively but when you need something quick and fast it’s great. You can also make fun headbands out of it as well. If you can get many places, especially at etsy stores. You can find more selections by searching for fold over elastic or FOE. I hope this helps and good luck!

-Rebecca

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Is FOE the same as this stuff?

LINK
    scgoble @scgoble

I thought it was a different kind of product than FOE, but now I see they are the same thing. Tessuti is just not calling it “elastic.” I will definitely try it on my knit dresses because I HATE cutting and sewing those narrow strips. I didn’t realize that you could use FOE as binding – frankly all I ever see it used as is a ponytail holder!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.