Oliver + S

Stretch fabric

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Hello!

I’d like to make the bedtime pjs in a stretch fabric. My three are getting fussy about comfort and are starting to reject my gorgeous cotton pjs in favour of a super cheap pair they’ve been bought. Hmph.

Has anyone done this? Is it still possible to do the neck binding and ties in stretch?

Thanks!!!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

We made the PJs in our new City Weekend knits for Moda, which will be coming out in September. The pattern worked well with knits. You can see a photo of them here, on the right side of the page:

http://www.oliverands.com/patterns/pants/patterns1.phtml

We used woven fabric for the binding and ties, which I think works better than using a knit for those particular pieces. They might get a little bulky and distorted in knit. I hope it works out for you!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Beautiful examples, Liesl. I have been and begged my local fabric shop!

I’ll have a go as soon as I can. Thanks x

LINK
    ncllnn @ncllnn

I made Bedtime PJ’s in fleece, they turned out very nice, I was afraid they would be HOT but we live in a very old house with poor insulation and my little actually slept a full night for once.

cowboy pj

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.