Oliver + S

Step 6

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Sarvi I think Donna may mean the inner most corners, aka the seam allowances.

Donna, i have just been going through the instructions (one handed I’m afraid as I have a baby with a cold that insists on being held). Gathering the info of what your dilemma is and comparing the photos (Thanks so much Brittney for helping upload these) to the pictures in the instructions, I am wondering if you may have inadvertently sewn the outer bottom seam allowances (the part where you are supposed to attach the skirt) to the lining part which is shown as already folded half inch up? This maybe the cause to it not sitting flat, because it is tucked up with the lining.

If this is the case, what you need to do is simply unpick the part to release the outer bodice seam allowance and then it should sit much better or you.

I do hope this is what was wrong and that I haven’t gone and confused you further. I’m so glad you sang out for help. I’m looking forward to seeing this finished the fabric print looks very beautiful.

Good luck I hope this has been helpful.
    Tamara

LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Thank you! I believe that I sewed to the end and should have sewed up to the 1/2″ mark. I’ll take a few stitches out until I get to 1/2″.

Sorry for the delay but I work at a flower shop and we were preparing for Mother’s Day.

I hope you are enjoying your day.

LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Maybe I did it right and go on to next step and see what happens.

Sorry for delay and thank you.

LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Yes

LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Step 8

I hope I am doing this correctly.

Attachments:
    LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Pin front and back and now I see it?

Attachments:
    LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Front Skirt view a

I marked the lines and dots,but I don’t understand the first line dots (sewing lines)? I have 4 lines following 3t.

Attachments:
    LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I was just catchin up and found your many posts. Let me put my baby down for a nap and then I can get the instructions out to help you ok?

I am actually looking to trace out this pattern in the 6-12 month size so hopefully I can walk you through together with completing it at the same time.

Will be back in a little while to talk you through ok?

LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Thank you!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Ok, my husband is home so I handed the baby to him (she is going through a non sleeping phase). Ok I have the instructions out and am looking at the diagram you uploaded.

The dotted line indicates the centre box pleat. So what you need to do is have the fabric folded and stitch down the dotted line to form to centre pleat. Then with the side pleats you take the first line to meet the second line and stitch to make a pleat and then do the same for lines three and four. You do this on both sides of the centre pleat (that you formed stitching down the dotted line) to form the front skirt.

Its a little similar to forming the pleats on the 2+2 skirt if you have made this one it would be familiar.

So when you get to diagram 3, the dotted line on this diagram indicates an already stitched pleat.

I do hope this makes sense. It is simple to do and you shouldn’t have any issues provided you remember the dotted lines indicate pleats already stitched and the solid lines indicate the pleats not yet formed.

Sing out if you get stuck again and we can figure it out together ok?

Good luck.
    Tamara

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Tamara.
    LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Donna, Tamara has answered you perfectly but if you need a visual ( this is the 2+2skirt) here are a couple of links to my blog http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/22seriously-cute.html

and http://fiveandcounting-motherof5.blogspot.com.au/2011/06/22-revisited.html

LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Thank you! I’ll give it a try and let you know how I make out.

LINK
    Donna @dlaviola

Thank you!

Perseverance!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.