Site icon Oliver + S

Sourcing school uniform fabrics

Our school has just issued a survey regarding the new school uniform for next year. They have a dress listed and they suggest a fabric of grey/ white check with a yellow stripe. I haven't seen samples of this yet, just photocopied images of what they propose. They also have school shorts similar to the sketchbook pattern which is great as at least I'll be able to save a few bob and make these - and add the second pleat in each side. They are proposing either grey or white shirts which in our very red country will quickly discolour - I am suggesting a pinstripe fabric instead just so it isn't all one colour and then it can be unisex.

Even though I don't know the source of supply for the fabric the school is going through, I know that alot of you make your children's school uniforms. Would there be places that would sell online retail (apart from ebay)? Would you know of any?

I like to be prepared and this is the primary reason why I haven't made anymore uniforms for the kids because I knew they were changing it. Yet I would still like to make their uniforms whilst I can because the school shop charges and arm and a leg for them and I'd rather sew them anyway.

I may go and talk to the school tomorrow and see if I can get some information out of them as to the prospective supplier and state my case - they may turn me down but it is worth a shot as I am very determined!

Exit mobile version