Oliver + S

Sources for fleece.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Does anyone have advice for fleece fabric? Ive never worked with it before and as a rule, I have an aversion to synthetic fibers, but I want to make a snuggly blanket for my other son. My oldest got a knitted one when he graduated to a big boy bed, but that thing took me 14 skeins of expensive yarn and several months, so I never duplicated it. Second son feels slighted, poor thing. So I found a project by Cath Kidston that’s felt appliqué on a fleecy blanket with just a little hand stitching. Perfect and he loves it. But I don’t know how to find nice quality fleece. Is there even such a thing as “good” fleece? Thanks and sorry about the off topic post.

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I highly recommend (if you are looking for polar fleece) Mill Direct Textiles. They are the original makers of Polarfleece and used to be Malden Mills in Lawrence, MA. Their website is http://www.milldirecttextiles.com – if you call them, they are very helpful. They also sell wholesale. They used to have a store, but I think they just do mail order now.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Michael Miller was producing a couple of really beautiful organic cotton french terry and sherpa qualities. I’m not sure if they’re still available, but I’m generally fleece-averse (the sticky-slippery texture drives me crazy) and really loved these as an alternative. They do tend to be a bit pricey, however!

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Thanks for the ideas! I found some organic French terry – not michael miller unfortunately – and will order a swatch. It occurred to me that French Terry might be just the thing for a nature walk pullover. Would that work?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.