Site icon Oliver + S

Sizing/Fit for the Family Reunion

Hi.

This is the first OS pattern I bought, and I haven't made it yet! Well, I finally found the fabric that sings to me! You all know how that is... you walk by it, you wrench your neck and start to drool, and it whispers.... I am the fabric you have been searching for... (or something like that!)

Anyways, I am excited. But the fabric was expensive (a double border Japanese cotton linen blend-- hello Easter dress) and I splurged. I may not be doing much sewing for a while after this purchase... ate a big hole in the fabric allowance. Oh but how it sang to me....

So because of the investment in this fabric, I want to do this right. My WeeGee is a petite 3 y/o. She measures 18 M-2t in most ways except... I find if I make a 2T, it is too short. Not because she is tall, but b/c her torso is really long so all things hit her high in the legs since they start so much lower.

But if I make a 3T or 4T to accommodate her shape, she will swim in the shoulders/neck, and when she grows to fit the neck/shoulders, it will be too short on her legs.

Any suggestions?

Do the 2T and lengthen, (but becareful b/c the lengthening will change the width of the bottom, and therefore the facing)?

Or... do the larger size, let it be a bit swimmy in the shoulders/neck, and when she grows into it, use it as a tunic?

What say you?

Exit mobile version