Site icon Oliver + S

Sizing help

Hi everyone! I'm new to Oliver + S and need help with sizing. I have several patterns: ice cream dress, birthday party dress, and tea party dress. And, I'm not sure what size to trace off and cut out.

I have two girls ages 18 months and 2 1/2. My 18 month old measures chest: 19", waist: 18.5", height: 33". (I didn't get a hip measurement--too wiggly). My 2 1/2 year old measures chest: 19", waist: 18", and height: 35". I would put their weight between 28 and 30 lbs. (If it helps, both easily fit in size 4 Pampers/pull-ups)

Using the body measurements listed for the ice cream dress, they are closest to the 6-12 month size. Is that correct? Is that the size I should trace off? That just seems crazy small. And, then I will have to add 6" to the length. Where should I add the length? Do I need to add it to the yoke, or just the panels?

If I trace off the 6-12 month size, and add the 6" of extra length, would you slash the panel pattern perpendicular to the grain line about midway on each panel and add 2" to each one? (This pattern doesn't have lengthen/shorten lines, so I'm having to dig deep to remember pattern alteration 101)

Or, should I just make the 18-24 month size and not be super concerned with fitting as this is a loose fitting outfit?

Thanks in advance for your advice/tips!

-christi

Exit mobile version