Site icon Oliver + S

Sizing- Apple shape

Hello Ladies.

Let's get real. I am petite, and overweight. Between chubby and fat. I kind of have an apple shape with a "deep bosom". I look pregnant, since my pregnancy severely split my abs, so not only do I have belly fat, but well, you get the picture.

When I say petite, I lie and say I am 5" tall. Stealing every little bit I can claim!!

Everything (except the fat from children) is to scale. Little/short arms. Little/short neck, legs, head, hands, feet. (My feet grew in pregnancy to a size 4.5/35/2-2.5).

My high bust under the arms measures between a 0 and 2. The bosom is closer to 12-14 as are hips. The V cannot be too deep. My cleavage starts only about 2 inches below that soft spot at the bottom of the throat. We don't mind showing some cleavage, but mystery is good and giving away the goods is not! Plus, I work in Family Court and many of my (male) clients lack the requisite social skills not to oogle. Because of my shape, camisoles uncomfortably ride up to under my bust.

I have the digital pattern! Yay... this will make alterations and blending easier.

To reduce the amount of said alterations, what do I do re size?

What is the "fit" point? Hips? Bust? Do a 2 blending to the 12 for hip area with an FBA?

What do you all think?? (Besides making a muslin, which I will obviously have to do, with so much change?)

Share you collective wisdom with me, oh hive mind, that I may successfully venture into making clothes for ME!

Exit mobile version