Oliver + S

Sitting up in the hospital tonight

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Great to hear Sandi, much love to you both!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Oh, Sandi! I’m sorry you and your Clara (and your family) have been through this. Hopefully she’ll begin to feel better soon and get ‘used’ to the shots. Poor baby. I have a very dear friend who was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes as a toddler. I think everyone’s advice on nutrition education is key. My friend is very serious in this matter and I think it helps too that he has a strong support system in us. We all keep an eye on him and he’s smart to let us know when things ‘aren’t right’. You can do this and Clara can too! I’ll say a prayer for you both. Much love to you.

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

Sandi-

I am sorry to hear that your little one is sick! I will keep you both in my prayers. I am glad to hear that she is coming home and I do hope that she gets better with the needles soon- it is so hard to see our little ones hurting, even if we know that it is necessary.

Rebecca

LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I’m so sorry to hear about this. I hope you all get adjusted very quickly to your “new normal”. Glad to hear she’s coming home, and help isn’t too far away.

Johanna

LINK
    Emily @Emily

I’m glad to hear that you’re all coping, Sandi. I’ve been checking back for an update, and it’s good to know she’s figuring out how to deal with a new routine. You’re both in my thoughts.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Glad to hear she’s coming home soon! You can see the intelligence shining in her face, I’m sure curiosity will kick in as she learns the shots aren’t the end of the world. However annoying, managing this will be just one small part of the very rich life she has in your home. Big hugs!

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

Sandi,

I’m a little late in seeing this but I just wanted you to know that I’m thinking of you and your daughter. I hope that you all are home already and that the learning curve of managing the diabetes is quickly mastered.

Cindy

LINK
    nancy @dollfancier

Dear Sandi,

I just saw this and want to add my good thoughts for you and your daughter, too. How sweet that you reached out to this group. You were right, everyone has a caring heart and warm supportive thoughts to share. Gentle hugs, Nancy

LINK
    sadies closet @sadies closet

Sandi,

So sorry to hear about your little one. Hope she is home and starting to adjust to this new element in her life. My dad just started insulin shots a month ago and he assures me that it is difficult at first but it becomes routine and he feels tremendously better now that his blood sugar levels are normal. Your daughter obviously has a great support system and lots of love so I am sure she will learn to live and thrive under these new conditions. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Thank you for your kind responses. Clara is really beginning to accept the finger pokes and shots and is asking lots of questions about why her body needs them. We are adjusting our routines at home and working with her preschool to be sure she receives proper care if needed. I hope to be back to cooking and sewing next week!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.