Oliver + S

Short sleeve binding

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Farrbetterlife @Farrbetterlife

Hi, do I attach the binding to the short sleeve the same way I did at the neck? Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

The sleeve strip is a facing rather then a traditional binding,so the pretty contrast is on the inside.

If you would prefer a bound edge just cut the strip wider.

Good luck!

LINK
    Farrbetterlife @Farrbetterlife

Thanks but I still dont really get it how do I attach it. It doesnt really say.

Thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Whoops,sorry-too many Easter eggs!

I attach mine by pre-folding the strip,in half length wise and then folding the edges in to met the middle fold line(so that it resembles bias binding). Now press it flat so there are two narrow hem on each side.(Pressing out that centre fold,that was a guide)

Gently smooth the two short ends and sew together to create a loop.

Pin and sew the right side of the sleeve binding to the sleeve edge(use the fold line as sewing line)

Trim just a little bit off the seam and press the seam allowance towards the binding.(try not to press out the fold line)

Press the sleeve binding into the sleeve,roll the edge a little and finger press first if you need to.

Sew the hem in place,there should still be a folded hem of the inside.

When I stitch tiny sleeves I find it helpful to sew ”inside the tunnel”,sew the edge with your machine foot inside the sleeve with the top right way out.

I hope this helps,pop back if it doesn’t.

Happy Easter

Nicole

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.