Oliver + S

Short sleeve bias trim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    LauraB @LauraB

Hello – Given no one else has raised this issue, I must be doing something wrong! I am making the short sleeved version and have just pinned the bias trim to the sleeve, but I seem to have almost twice as much trim as I need. Should I have cut this piece in half, or have I lost the plot?!

Thanks for any advice. I am loving sewing your patterns.

Laura

LINK
    Toyota888 @Toyota888

Hi Laura

I seem to remember having at least an inch too much on the 12-18 month old size. I think as long as the sleeve opening does not look too small (in which case maybe your seam allowances were greedy and ate up too much fabric) then just snip the excess.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

As I recall, this piece wasn’t cut to the exact length but, rather, you trim it to fit the sleeve.

LINK
    LauraB @LauraB

Thank you! It seems to have worked fine. I used linen, so perhaps that had a bit more stretch across the bias than quilting cotton.

LINK
    E1izabeth @E1izabeth

I used the trim on the long sleever version and it worked great but I had quite a bit of extra length. I assumed that the extra length was used for the pattern pieces so that you can use it on the short sleever version in any size and not come up short. Glad to hear that your version worked out LauraB!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.