Oliver + S

Selling O+S pattern on etsy?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LINK
    losabia @losabia

I’ve been searching for the discontinued Playdate Dress pattern for my 1.5yo and (thought I) finally found it on amazon (yay). Unfortunately, they sent the wrong size (boo). After speaking to the (non-amazon.com seller’s) customer service, I don’t trust that they’ll remedy the situation. I thought I might just cut my losses and sell the unopened pattern on etsy. The only sellers of O+S I see currently there seem to be fabric sellers and I wondered if individuals are prohibited from selling your patterns, Liesl? I know you have the boutique program for finished garments, but wanted to make sure I wasn’t doing anything wrong by listing it for sale.

Thank you for any guidance on this!

Lisa K.

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

Lisa, it’s so considerate of you to ask. We don’t have a problem with individuals selling out of print patterns on Etsy. We don’t provide wholesale pricing to Etsy sellers who run shops there that discount all products all the time, but in a situation like this, we have no problem with it.

We’re getting pretty regular inquiries these days about where people can find this out of print style. Perhaps it’s becoming something of a collector’s item. Maybe you could sell it for a premium!

LINK
    April Henry @April1930s

Collector’s item for sure! I remember back in the beginning wanting to buy all the patterns just to put on display in a curio cabinet because they were just darling to look at.

I’m wondering if there is already an aftermarket for used patterns? Has anyone seen any out there? Those markets might be a good place to find out-of-print styles/sizes, too, so long as all the pieces and instructions are still complete. As long as it is within O+S protocol for selling used patterns… let us know, Todd?… just in case?

(and no, I won’t part with my used patterns; I can’t bear the thought – I need them for my curio – hehehe!)

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

Losabia, I just want to suggest that maybe you hold on to it for when your little one is older. They do grow up quickly. (Sniff) I’d hate to see you wishing you had that bigger size at a later date. Of course, if you can sell it, that’s money for another pattern to use right now.

LINK
    KarenK @KarenK

I’d hang on to it, too. I’ve only bought the larger sizes because that was my daughter’s size. Then daughter number 2 came along and I find myself rebuying them all in small size. They grow so fast, you’ll be glad you have it later.

LINK
    losabia @losabia

Thank you, Todd, for speaking to O+S policy, and to the rest of you wonderful ladies for sharing your ideas. Food for thought, saving the larger-sized pattern for the inevitably-larger-sized girlie. I’m in complete denial about our daughter growing up, but – poof! – she just turned 18 months last week.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Losabia, the same thing happened to me with an Amazon 3rd-party seller! I ordered the smaller size and they sent the large size. Some frustration over getting it corrected (they did, thankfully!) and lots of thought later…I kept the larger size too. I had it and just couldn’t make myself let it go at that point. I think you might not regret holding onto it.

LINK
    losabia @losabia

Maraya, was it the place from Loves Park, IL? They seemed to have 2 different names (if I recall correctly, ABC Craft Mall and Craft World). If you were able to receive the correct one, then perhaps I should try to reorder the correct size after all. I just didn’t get a whole lot of help on the phone from them when I tried to explain what had happened.

LINK
    losabia @losabia

Yahoo! I found the smaller size range in the Playdate Dress! Or rather, it found me. Many thanks to kind Jan from bessiemary.com for helping me out of my dilemma with your last of that size and pattern.

And yes, I’ve decided to keep the larger size for later. Thanks to everyone for your recommendations.

Lisa K.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Yippie – I’m glad you found it!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Sorry for the delay Lisa – dealing with a sick baby this week! Yes!! ABC Craft Mall is who the package came from, but I was getting emails from someone completely different! It was very strange and very complicated trying to get things understood and figured out. I won’t be purchasing anything from them again, I can tell you that.

Glad you found the smaller size and decided to keep the larger!! Hooray for things working out!

LINK
    losabia @losabia

Aw, hope Baby’s feeling better, Maraya. My own baby took a spill tonight and we headed in for her first ER visit. (Luckily just a sprain.)

I’ll definitely not buying from that seller again, either. They wanted me to ship the pattern back to them at my expense to rectify their mistake! Boo!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.