Oliver + S

School Days Jacket Sew-A-Long Anyone?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

Since I’m making up the rules, of course you can jump ahead!

My plan is to put together the actual plan and announcement mid-September so everyone has time to gather supplies. Then the blog posts will come beginning of October. My goal is to put together a nice pdf for download combining all the blogged/photographed steps should people want it for future reference.

I’m excited we now will have two teeny ones – one for Trixie and one for Tamara’s new little one!

LINK
    kgiff @kgiff

I’d be interested in sewing along

LINK
    sarahb @sarahb

Oh how fun! I have never sewn this one either.

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

Yes!

Giving myself the deadline of an October start would be perfect.

Boo needs a new winter coat and I have a few things to tick off the list first. Count me in.

LINK
    lilypadmontana @lilypadmontana

Oh yes count me in! I’ve already been planning to sew one for my daughter but a sew along is so much more fun 😉

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I just spotted this paper pattern at my local quilt store AND I have a coupon to use before the end of September. This could be a fun way to get a new winter coat for my little guy. Only question is, should I get the small size or the larger? He’s only 22 months, but I would probably make a 3T sized coat so it would last. Decisions!

LINK
    carosews @carosews

Count me in too please – my local fabric shop has a sale this weekend, so hoping to find some fabric for my daughter then.

LINK
    ilovebeam @ilovebeam

Sounds fantastic – I’d love to sew along!!

LINK
    avashmava @avashmava

Yes, count me in, too! I’ve had this pattern for a couple of years and need to sew it up before my youngest outgrows it! He is eight…sniff, sniff.

LINK
    nwfritsche @nwfritsche

I have this on my cutting table right now! I can’t wait to get started!

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Is everyone ready for the School Days coat sew-a-long?!? I know I am, thank you Janice for hosting this sew-a-long and Liesl will have it right here on the O+S blog on the week of October 27th! How exciting is that?!

LINK
    merelee79 @merelee79

Am I too late to the sew-a-long party? I made my son the school days jacket last year and want to make one for my daughter this year. My son still fits in his (yippee)! This sew a long will be a great motivation for me to actually get it done.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

No not too late! If you grab your gear together you will be just in time. We are starting on the 3rd November (I think) so you are just in time.

LINK
    sosew @sosew

yay! i just cut the lining yesterday and sewed the lining hood and sleeves tonight. waiting for the fabric for the coat to arrive.

i sewed this in 3t last year and thankfully gave myself time since i need to make a second one for my twins, it should fit them this year (and their dad wears a similar style coat!)

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

That would be so cute to have the little ones with a similar styled coat to their Daddy’s.

I am tossing up whether to use some corduroy or go with denim. In fact if I have time I might make two and then I can give one to the baby down the road – farm kids need coats wherever they are in the world!

The one I plan to make for my bubba to be is having texture added! Provided it works of course.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.