Oliver + S

school days jacket = awesome!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    norasroom @norasroom

I finally got started on Nora’s school days rain jacket and it is such a fun pattern! I lost track of time and wound up putting together the whole outside of the jacket after my kids were in bed. I’m using the Michael Miller laminated cotton, and it’s much easier to work with than I would’ve expected. I was pretty skeptical about topstitching, but it looks amazing! And as always, Liesl’s instructions are spot-on.

I have two cuts of wool melton waiting for me when this one’s done (robin’s egg blue for Nora, and dark navy for the boy).

If you’re even thinking about trying this pattern, take the plunge! I don’t think you’ll regret it.

LINK
    Lizabeth @Lizabeth

I can’t wait to see pictures!

LINK
    norasroom @norasroom

Well, I finally finished Nora’s school days rain jacket and uploaded the photos to the flickr group. I am really pleased about how it turned out, especially the lining which looks very polished. Setting in the laminate sleeves was a little tricky, but I took it slow and I think it looks great! Hope to see others on Flickr soon.

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Despite my self-doubt and the personal flogging of my confidence, I was able to get my daughter’s coat sewn up in about 3 sessions! Yes, I’ve been sewing for almost 2 years, but c’mon! A wool coat?!

This pattern is seriously amazing!! The instructions are absolutely wonderful (no surprises there) and each step is the perfect little nudge towards an awesome end result! I truly think that, with patience and faith in the pattern writing, a beginner could make this coat. The drawback, if you’ll go so far as to call it that, is the time investment. To be very fair, this was about a 10 hour commitment for me, from start (i.e. pattern tracing) to finish. But, if you have the time I fully recommend it.

I am down to just the hand-stitching this evening, but when I finished the final top-stitching last night I couldn’t stop grinning! This is the most satisfying project I’ve completed to date and I can’t wait to show off my girl in it!

Thank you Liesl (and company) for a great pattern(s) and all the fun that comes with them!!

LINK
    Anonymous @

I completely agree – I love this pattern. I get many compliments on my kids’ coats when we are out and about. Of course, I feel funny bragging so I don’t ever say that I made them. I just say thank you, but inside I’m delighted and very proud. It does take more time to sew than a dress or top or pants, but they wear it every day so it’s well worth it!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I’m the same way, Sandi. My husband is the one who will come from a mile away to say, “It’s great, isn’t it?! Her Mommy made it!!” I just take it in and soak in the pride of my accomplishment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.