Site icon Oliver + S

Scallops and long dress

Hi ladies, Two questions- I am making my second bubble dress and want my scallops to stand out more. I noticed in a photo of Nicole's of a dress made from a fabric with big circles (bubbles?)on, that her scallops look great. What's the secret? Stiff material? Interfacing in scallops? Second question, somewhere on line whilst I was searching I saw a gorgeous powder blue babies bubble dress that was ankle length- did any of you make this? If so, did you just lengthen the pattern or did you make other tweaks? My daughter has just had her fourth child and it is a little girl- yeay! They have returned to UK to live and are all currently staying with me, so I have a gorgeous four day old baby in the house as well as three other grandchildren here! It only seems a short while ago that I was venturing into Oliver+s patterns for the first time for my middle granddaughter who is now 3- where does time go? At least all those dresses I made can now be handed down to new baby! Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Exit mobile version