Oliver + S

Sale On Corduroy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Does this look right to you ladies, $1.62 a yard?

http://store.marthapullen.com/solid-color-corduroy

~Sharon~

LINK

I called Martha Pullen and the price is right, $1.62 a yard! I ordered 13 yards for the kids. Yippy!

~Sharon~

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

I just ordered a couple colors. They also have a nice green linen on sale for $3.28/yd (regular $22/yd) and the person who took my order said they also have the blue linen for the same price so I got some of that also. Not sure which shade of blue it is but they are all nice and for that price I’ll take what they have.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh wow! I’ll have to check if they ship to oz!

LINK

I order the pink, blue, kaki and red. Can’t wait to get it!

LINK
    Rpankow @excytin

Sharon, I would give you a big hug if I could! I just picked up 9 yards, too good to pass up! (and I’m even on a self-imposed no buying fabric rule) I even got free shipping! I googled coupon codes for the company and there was a free shipping coupon with no minimum order. Thanks so much for the inside scoop! These forums have proven to be wonderful and if not dangerous at times ;)!

Rebecca

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

the coupon code for free shipping with no minimum is MPSHIP. of course I HAD to go back and get more, I first ordered some for pants but got to thinking how cute the book report dress would be in corduroy with tights or leggings for the winter and the Sunday brunch set and any of the skirts and ..(I’m hopeless!!)

LINK

I had to share with you ladies are a great sale! I love the book report dress in corduroy. I am planning on pants for all kids and maybe a red cape for Sweet pea. I am so hoping for snow this year and to get some good wear out pants on little miss.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

The Iridescent Silk Organza is on sale too, will this work for the fairy tale dress and the lining?

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

Organza is pretty sheer but it would make a nice overlay or an apron type overlay. You could also use it alone for sheer type sleeves and a collar. They also have check silk dupioni for next to nothing and that would work for the dress, just make sure to outline each piece with stitching (zig zag) to prevent the fabric from unraveling. Remember that it is recommended that silk be dry cleaned but it doesn’t have to. If you chose to wash it by hand or gentle machine it will change the texture, so you may want to pre-wash a piece to see if you like that. The firefly jacket would be sweet in silk dupioni for a formal look, maybe to go over a sleeveless dress. For silk sewing I prefer to line in a polyester that does not unravel as much as the silk. For sure the prices at this sale lend themselves to trying some fabrics that are usually outside our frugal budgets! Also, if the fabric appears to out of stock, try calling. Their sales people are the friendliest ever.

LINK
    brenda1652 @brenda1652

and Sharon, I also want to send you a big fat hug!! , love in stitches, Brenda

LINK

Hugs right back!

~Sharon~

LINK
    Stacibennett @Stacibennett

I thought this was a great deal too, and ordered some. Beware, though… I got my order today, and it Turns out the price is per 1/8 yard, which is not apparent when you order. And the cord is very thin, won’t be very warm in the winter!

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I just called the 800 number that is listed on the Martha Pullen receipt and they said the $1.67 is the price per yard. I asked 3 times and finally the lady insisted. I made my order Wednesday and it hasn’t been processed yet. Has anyone else gotten 1/8 yard?

LINK

The same thing happened to me as well. The gal on the phone said yes that that was the price per yard and then I put my order in. When I received my oreder it was by 1/8 yard. I has so hopping mad! I called them back first thing this morning and talked to the another lady this time.She thought it was very odd too. Long story short they are sending out a prepaid envalope and are giving me a full refund for the cord, including shipping. I told her it would have been one thing if I was told it was sold by 1/8 yard and not nby the yard but that it was very dishonest of them to say it was by the full yard. The web site said it was med. weight too and mine was very thin. I would give them a call up too for a refund.

At least I can say the gal on the phone was nice about fixing this order for me.

~Sharon~

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.