Oliver + S

Ruffle fabric

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I want to sew the playtime leggings from ruffle fabric. The last time I sewed leggings (from another pattern) from the ruffle fabric one of the legs was spiral like a candy cane. I was careful to line up the stripes horizontal when I cut them out. I emailed the pattern designers and they responded that they didn’t know why it happened. Has anyone experienced this and how can I prevent it from happening again?

LINK
    Maggie @Maggie

Did you cut both legs at the same time? Could the layer underneath have shifted?

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

I guess it could have but I remember carefully lining the rows up, it was the kind of pattern where it was 2 pieces, you sew up the inside of both legs and put one inside of the other and finish the crotch. Everything seemed fine until I finished and looked at them.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am with Maggie on this one. I have been muddling your question over and discussing it with Hugo (my son, he is pretty good at problem solving)

All I can suggest is cutting both legs separately, flipping the pattern,

That is what I tend to do when cutting stripes anyway.

Good luck.

LINK
    Kim @kmac0107

Thank you, to all of you, for helping to me to figure this out. That must be what happened and I will cut out each one separately.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.