Oliver + S

Recommendations for Grown-Up patterns!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)
  • LINK
    JohannaO @JohannaO

I’ve been wanting to copy the sandbox pants for myself, but I’m really liking the waistband/yoke on the nature walk pants, because I think they would look really nice on an adult.

LINK
    Anonymous @

I would love some casual pants. I also love my bias cut dresses from cut-loose and would love a pattern for something like that. Comfy and loose, but flattering to the figure as well.

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I was just logging back in to amend my request to bias cut dresses and there was your suggestion, Sandi! I really have skirt patterns coming out my ears but now I’m no longer breastfeeding I’d really like some new dresses!

Casual pants would be good too!

LINK
    badskirt @badskirt

I’d like a pattern for a polo-knit dress like the ones worn by Gwenth Paltrow in the movie Royal Tenenbaums. I’d also like a kimono/wrap style dress that looks good on a short people (I’m only 4’10”)

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Amy , http://www.hotpatterns.com do both, but they are not easy patterns….. They do have great tips and tutorials though!

LINK
    shasta @shasta

Amy, we are the same size! Well, actually I’m 1″ taller than you. Maybe. On a good day.

I’d also love a wrap dress. I’m going to try Colette’s new Crepe dress pattern next month. Some comfortable but stylish pants would be great too — maybe capris? And some tops. Good basic, comfortable clothes that don’t scream “hand made.” Basically, I’m looking for Oliver + S for adults!

I checked out clothkits and I’m officially in love with the bustle skirt but not the price. Oh how I wish they sold just the patterns!

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

Amy, my husband and I were just talking about a dress like that this weekend! Although, for the Niblet. We were looking back through pictures and saw a picture of her in one that we loved. Alas that they grow so quickly! I would love one for myself too though. Or a hooded sweater drop-waist style. Our girl had one like that too that was very fun.

LINK
    janimal @janimal

I’ve been looking at adult jacket patterns lately. I need to find one with classic lines, that I can adjust to fit myself properly. Honestly I figured on paying a local instructor to work with me on adjusting a pattern for my particular fit. I think a great jacket pattern would be versatile and I would use for years.

LINK
    Anonymous @

As far as my favorite patterns for me, that is Amy Butler! I have sewn so few items for myself though, so I’m really not a good person to ask. The things I have made from Amy Butler patterns are wonderful though. Like the O+S patterns, the directions are SO clear and detailed and make sewing a joy!

If anyone has a good pattern for an A-line, yoga waist band skirt (at least knee length!), I’d love to find one of those! I tried making myself one without a pattern and well, let’s just say it is wearable, but not my favorite. I bought two from Linnea Designs off Hyenacart and adore them! Just wish she sold a pattern!

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

I hope all you people who had a peek at Clothkits signed up for their newsletter – just got mine and they are having a 3 for 2 deal –

“Grab some Christmas goodies online. Pop two or more items into your basket and then select a third (CHEAPEST) Clothkits kit for free!

Pop this item into the ‘special instructions’ area of the website when you checkout – and this offer is strictly for online orders only. Don’t add it to your basket as you will be charged for this item!

Sorry, but this cannot be used retrospectively in any circumstances, and cannot be used with any other discount code or special offer. Free items are from Clothkits own kits only and excludes tapestry kits, felt kits and readymade items. But it is a great reason to do more shopping with us! Refunds on free items are not permitted but items can be exchanged. One offer per customer only please.

Offer Expires: Midnight 28th NOVEMBER 2010″

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

I’ve just been looking at DIY Couture books. They look really interesting. I know Raystitch in the UK stocks them.

And there’s a cloak which would go very nicely with the upcoming O and S book cloak. A bit too much though, I think!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

This is their philosophy:

“Sewing is a visual activity and needs to be explained visually,” say the DIY Couture crew. “With this in mind, we take a different approach from that of conventional sewing patterns, using diagrams and photographs to explain the making process.”

Sounds good for those of us who have been “brought up” by Liesl!!!!

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

I just ordered the cloak pattern. Couldn’t resist. WON’T be making it in red, in case you’re wondering!!!

But think I will when ‘that’ book comes out for my little red riding hood.

LINK
    shasta @shasta

DIY Couture looks interesting — thanks for sharing littlebirdy! I just ordered the skirt pattern. We’ll see how it goes. I’m very reliant on paper patterns and this looks more like a tutorial.

LINK
    littlebirdy @littlebirdy

Yes – I’m interested just to have a look.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.