Site icon Oliver + S

Recommendations for Grown-Up patterns!

Don't you just wish that more pattern companies had the kind of instructions we love from from Oliver and S? Especially patterns for adults?! I do so love sewing for my daughter but my personal wardrobe could use some pizzazz so I'm trying to embark on some projects for myself.

I thought it might be cool if we tried to share some patterns that are "tried and true" for adults with each other here. I try to look at patterns on patternreview.com but it can be pretty overwhelming.

I'm working on a version of the skirt on the cover of the book "Sew Serendipity" by Kay Whitt right now.

http://www.sewserendipity.com/product_info.php?products_id=145

The directions are very clear, and although I haven't done it yet, the instructions for inserting the invisible zipper look really really easy to follow. The book has instructions for three basic garments which are then varied and embellished - a 6 panel A line skirt, a tunic/shirt that can be lengthened to a dress, and a jacket.

I also have a McCall's very simple knit top pattern I am planning on trying for myself - I'll be happy to share once I get to it! I'm planning a basic black version first and if I can get the fit right I would love a top for me made from the soft City Weekend knit.

Please share your "go to" patterns for grownups!

Exit mobile version