Oliver + S

Question about lazy days skirt for a 3 year old

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

I’m making a lazy days skirt as a gift for a 3 year old. Assuming she’s average sized, would you say making it 12″ long, and a 20″ waist would be about right? I’d like the skirt to be just below the knee or a bit longer. (Please let me know if you think I should shoot for a different length.) Thanks in advance!

LINK
    Rebecca W @craftalittle

My daughter will be 3 in just over a month and she is a bit small- and I am pretty certain that she has a tiny waist since all of the clothes I buy her are way too big in the waist (thank goodness for adjustable waist bands!) Anyway, she has somewhere in the range of a 19-20 in waist (she is always sucking it in when I measure her!). On her, 12 in would hit below her knee- maybe as low as mid calf, but she won’t stand still for me to measure her. 🙂 And she is now insisting on measuring my tummy!

LINK
    sewinginthecity @sewinginthecity

Thank you for your helpful reply, craftalittle. I want to make this skirt tonight. I have buttonhole elastic and I’ll use it!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.