Oliver + S

problem matching up back pants piece with bottom back panel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    lindsey_hines @lindsey_hines

I’m making the cargo pants in 6-12 month size. When I match up the bottom of the back pants with the top of the bottom back panel (step 5 in the pattern), I’m finding that the bottom back panel is about 1/2 inch wider than the back pants piece. At first I thought I must have traced one of the pattern pieces incorrectly, but that was not the case. I’m thinking I will just trim off the excess and sort of smooth out the curve. Am I missing something?

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

This may sound daft (but I’ve done it), are you sure you haven’t rotated the bottom pants piece by 90degrees…..

LINK
    Anonymous @

I have this same issue. It’s definitely not rotated, based on the location of the notches. (Assuming the 3 notches on the bottom panel are intended to land on the top of the panel and the two sides.) I can post a photo if that’s helpful.

LINK
    HALI MUNDY @HaliMundy

I have version 3 of the digital pattern of Cargo Pants. I am also having the same problem as someone from three years ago.
    The bottom of the back pants does not fit with the top of the bottom back panel. I have checked orientation and the pattern.
    I do not see any errata about it.
    I can cut the sides down, but wonder why there is no fix for this.
    thanks

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I took a quick glance at this and it appears to be a grading issue. My apologies that we didn’t catch it earlier. As soon as I have time I’ll address it and we’ll issue an errata, ok?

LINK
    Todd Gibson
    Keymaster
    @todd

As Liesl mentioned, there was indeed a minor grading issue on Piece 3. It was most pronounced (about 1/4″) on the smallest sizes.

We have updated the digital pattern to fix the issue and have issued an errata notice which is now available here:

https://oliverands.com/shop/digital-field-trip-cargo-pants-raglan-t-shirt-sewing-pattern.html#tab-errata

On the errata page, we have given links where you can download a revised Piece 3 to print at home. Or you can use your original download link for the digital pattern to obtain a copy of the updated version with the corrected Piece 3.

So sorry for the inconvenience here!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.