Oliver + S

Popover shoulder straps without bows

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Dixie @dlane2530

Has anyone come up with alternatives to the tied bows for the popover shoulder straps? They seem to catch on things and knock/rub against the chin at times.

• This topic was modified 5 years ago by Dixie.
    LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

Lots of options:
    I’m sure @juliamom2009 used fold over elastic.
    Or, you could make long tubes of fabric and then put elastic inside them, like gathered straps.
    My daughter just requested a jumpsuit like that so she doesn’t have to re-tie the bows with every toilet break.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Or you could just measure the length that you want the armholes to be and cut the bias to that length and sew it into a loop…

LINK
    Dixie @dlane2530

You know, that makes me think, Liesl — I hadn’t thought of how you could actually make the (essentially) bias tape into a loop before sewing it on at all. I was trying to work it out technically in my head — how I could make a loop without having an awkward lumpy seam at the top. Thanks @liesl and @lightningmcstitch!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.