Oliver + S

pleats sticking out?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    Anonymous @

Are the pleats supposed to be sticking out on this skirt? I’ve seen several that way but the picture on the pattern shows them laying flat. What needs to be done to get them to lay flat? Thanks!

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Pleats will tend to stick out a little bit because the fabric wants to open up and flare. For this skirt, if you turn the skirt so the pleats open toward the back they’ll look less like they stick out. And a good pressing will help, but it’s really just the nature of pleats and cotton, I think.

Your question reminds me that I forgot to take a photo of a skirt my Mom wore to Quilt Market. After making the Music Class skirt for her grand-daughter (my niece), she turned around and make one for herself, altering a skirt pattern to add the side panel and pleated insert. It looked great on her!

LINK
    Anonymous @

Ok – thanks. I just don’t want it to look like a mermaid shape! LOL.

That is so cool that your Mom made a Music Class skirt for herself! I don’t blame her – I love the design. I keep wishing you’d put out some patterns for us Mamas.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.