Oliver + S

Playtime leggins, what size to make?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

I am starting on my ten year old son’s Dead pool halloween costume. (his chioce which I am not fond of but he is excited). I am ysing the leggings pattern for his super hero pants and I am a bit stumped on what size to make. I want them snug but not tight and most certainly not loose fitting. His measurements are 25″ waist. Should I make him the size 8 or 10? What size should I use? I only made these for my daughter so i am not really possitive what size to go with.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Hi Sharon

I was just looking at the body measurement chart and if your son has a 25″ waist then he would fit into a size 12. I have only made the smaller sizes and for a little girl (of course because my son doesn’t ask for creative ideas for costumes). They are true to size I think and so if you were to pick between an 8 or 10 I would certainly say go for the 10. It won’t look so tight that he feels self conscious but I believe it would give the right kind of look that you are going for.

The best bet is to try them (make them say in a knit that you could use with Sarah later on) and see which works best.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Yeah, you might even want to measure the pattern at various spots and compare the measurements to spots on his legs if you don’t want them to be tight. Since everyone is built differently, it will also depend on how muscular or thin his legs are.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Thank you both! The top is almost done then onto the pants. I am going with the size 10. I never done this much color blocking before so the shirt is taking some time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.