Oliver + S

Placket /Tie is not reinforced??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    jaimielaura @jaimielaura

I have completed the placket and connected it to the front. What I have ended up with is a weak spot at the location discussed in PREPARE THE TOP section 3. The fabric is ready to rip down the side of the placket. Did I do something wrong?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24972152@N03/9558800010/in/pool-oliverands

LINK
    jaimielaura @jaimielaura
    LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Hm, I’m looking at mine, and it looks like I enclosed that raw bit with the tie. I don’t have my instructions handy, but can’t think of a reason not to do it that way. Would that solve the problem?

LINK
    jaimielaura @jaimielaura

Yes. This totally solves the problem and it is what I ended up doing after all. However, I wish I understood better what the intent was here. Thanks so much!!!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have a tute partially written on this dress. I had to stop as I realised I had made the placket button on the wrong side!

I constructed my ties a little differently as I had minimal fabric thus not enough to cut all the tie pieces on the bias.

Either way, I am fairly sure, at the step you are speaking of, I stitched a wee bartack over the neck tie-to-placket edge to re-enforce it.

One the silk version I made, I hand sewed it firmly in place.

Perhaps it is time I made another and finished that tute!

I hope that is some help.

~Nicole~

LINK
    jaimielaura @jaimielaura

Thanks so much, Nicole! I have completed the dress and will post some photos tomorrow, hopefully. The directions for the OS patterns are always so great. I was a bit disappointed with this step.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.