Oliver + S

Placket HELP!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    harrisinaus @harrisinaus

So I went confidently into the placket and my left placket printed piece seems to be the mirror image of the left placket piece in the instructions. So my “V” and square bit are reversed. I’ve checked and the other size one is the same. Hence my placement dots don’t line up it won’t work. What am I doing wrong??? It will only look the same as the instructions if I literally flip the left placket over, even with the pattern pieces.

Can anyone help me here?

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug

I don’t have the smaller size pattern only the larger PDF file so can’t check the size one. If it helps, I took a photo of the plackets after attaching to the bodice and before slicing down the middle. They should look like this (on my blog) http://www.designsbybellabug.com/2013/03/jump-rope-dress.html

LINK
    katybellabug @katybellabug
    LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I think I’m 50:50 on having sewn the placket the intended way. Sometimes it’s a left over right placket, and sometimes a right over left! So long as you don’t care, it won’t matter.

If your placket piece is a mirror image then you just have to do everything mirrored. It will work fine.

It all comes down to cutting the placket piece and which way up your fabric was.

If you have enough fabric, and mirror image sewing sounds daunting, then cut another the “other” way up. I’d say which way up is the correct way but I honestly don’t know, hence 2/4 of my Jump Rope dresses went the other way!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Shelley is right!

LINK
    harrisinaus @harrisinaus

thanks ladies, so it wont matter if i just reverse them? It will just button the other way right?

I thought I was going mad….

LINK
    harrisinaus @harrisinaus

I am really not nuts. I would post a photo but I cant, the left placket for the size 8 – it is not the same as the ones in the blogs that I can see. It has really thrown me as the right over left as the instructions have it left over right. I think I will make a reverse one.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am not sure what you mean, but if all the edges are even and it is neat, I am sure you will be fine!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.