Site icon Oliver + S

patterns for toddler self-dressing

Hi! I love all of the Oliver + S patterns I have, but now that our 22-month-old is in a Montessori toddler program *some* of the items I've made can't be worn M - F. For toddlers, Montessori programs emphasize self-care -- so button closures, drawstrings, and so on are out. I have made little F a stack of elastic-waist pants and adjusted the shoulder button placement on the Sandbox top so it is only decorative (she can just pull it over her head). Dresses and skirts are out for school wear until little F is completely toilet trained (the girls just end up sitting on their skirts while on the potty)...so as you can imagine there are some limits on my sewing this year!

Does anyone have suggestions for patterns I could make and/or adjust to make them good for self-dressing? I have to stick to simple pull-on pants for now, but I'm thinking about tops that might be fun. The Hopscotch top seems a natural, but could the 2 + 2 work as a pullover? Is the back button absolutely necessary? Suggestions would be most welcome!!

Exit mobile version