Oliver + S

pattern testing "try outs"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

EDITED: We have all the testers we need for now, but please see my note at the bottom of this thread if you’re overseas and would be interested in testing in the future. Thank you so much, everyone! What a talented and enthusiastic group you are!!!

We get emails from people wanting to be pattern testers all the time. Here’s your opportunity! I need a few people to test a women’s skirt for our spring collection. The pattern has already been tested, but I want to be absolutely sure it’s correct since we had a little grading glitch the first time.

If you’re SERIOUS about wanting to be a pattern tester (this isn’t just an opportunity to get a free pattern–if you sign up here you’re COMMITTING to completing the testing process!) this is your chance.

I need three testers. You must live in the continental U.S. and agree to sew yourself the skirt and to complete our testing questionnaire and get it back to me on or before January 20. (Oh, and it’s a quick sew and doesn’t require much fabric.)

You don’t need to be a great sewist–just be willing and able to follow directions very closely and report back about your experiences. This particular testing job doesn’t pay money, but if it works out and we take you on as a regular tester in the future we DO pay and we offer lots of little perks as well.

If you’d like to give it a try, email me asap with your mailing address, email address, and any introductory information you care to offer at liesl@lieslandco.com. I’ll take the first three responders. And thank you! xoxo

P.S. This topic will self-destruct once I have enough testers.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

‘Stomps foot and goes off in a huff’

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Yeah I thought it would be fun too, Nicole! Just don’t know how to attach Australia.

LINK
    tantemele @tantemele

Same thoughts from Europe ;-(

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

I know. If testing wasn’t such quick turnaround I’d love to have overseas testers! But you know how long shipping takes. For future reference, however, if you live abroad (from the U.S., that is) and have access to inexpensive oversized printing we may be able to work something out! Email me and let me know if this is the case, ok? I’d love to just send out digital files to our testers rather than shipping packages. It’s important that you can have them printed at 36″ wide, however, since the files aren’t set up for tiling at this stage.

I have all the testers I need (and more!) at this point, but I’ll leave this open for a while for those of you who live overseas and might be interested in future testing. It hadn’t occurred to me until just now that this might be an option, so let’s pursue it!

@tantemele
    , @kerrilyn, @motherof5 just copying you to be sure you see this.

LINK
    Rhythm @rhythmtyagi

Liesl, would love to try the digital format for you! Thanks.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I’m putting my hand up for future testing from emailed 36″ files, now that I know my local print shop has a roll!

LINK
    Kerrilyn @Kerrilyn

Oh I am jealous Lightning. Mine only does A0

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh have to run around and find someone who will print karge sheets nearby!!

Would love to be included.

Nicole!!! Giggle!

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by Tamara.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.