Oliver + S

Parachute and butterfly available!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I just noticed that the parachute and butterfly patterns are available in the shop!

LINK
    miss_sonja @miss_sonja

I’ve told myself I can’t get Parachute until I sew up the five cut-out and ready to sew items on my sewing pile. 🙂

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Liesl, Todd and all the hardworking persons associated with Oliver+S; just wanted to say that I really do like the new kids’ patterns. As I don’t really have the wherewithall for knit sewing, I will be purchasing both size-sets of the Butterfly Top, and skirt. I can see lots of potential for these items, and they look comfortable for kids.

Thank you for all the hard work, and thought that you invest, and I really appreciate your “Idea Boards” for varying the patterns, and/or which other O+S patterns to combine.

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

Thanks for the kind words, @needlewoman! I’m glad you like the patterns and appreciate your support and encouragement. It’s always so nice to hear a kind word!

If it helps at all with regard tot he knits, you really don’t need any special equipment. So don’t let knits intimidate you! If you haven’t tried them yet, I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. And the polo shirt treats the fabric more like a woven, anyway…

xoxo

LINK
    Enbee @Enbee

@needlewoman, I’m still fairly new to making clothes and sewing in general, but a walking foot really reduces the intimidation factor in sewing knits. I have a generic walking foot (cheap on Amazon), and it and my 30 year old, 2nd hand machine (no special stitches) can tackle knit sewing just fine. Add in a double needle for hemming, and I’ve gotten really nice-looking results with the Field Trip t-shirt.

Another nice bonus with knit sewing for children, especially when you’re just learning to do it, is upcycling! I make a lot of my 10-month old’s clothes out of my husband’s old shirts, nice knits from thrift stores, or fun graphic tees from woot/uneetee/other online shirt sellers. So if I screw something up, I haven’t wasted a bunch of money on fabric.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I am very much looking forward to sinking my teeth into these two pattern. Unfortunately only one of my three children fit the sizes amd she will get the pattern all to herself and for a long time too as she hasn’t even hit the 6-12 month sizes yet.

I love the idea of the butterfly top with bloomers for our summer and I am thinking that even though there is a boy on the cover of the parachute pattern this will be one of the most well used patterns within my collection. My baby will be wearing this for at least the next ten years! Sorted!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I am keen to make the polo top too. Liddy needs a new PE kit and I want to try the feminine version in a cotton/spandex knit.
    I have made a lot of polo tops, I stopped counting in my head when I reached 40 (most of them pale blue) I am super interested to make this one up.
    I am sure it will be excellent.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

You are very welcome, Liesl. I meant every word!! And many I didn’t write. Thank you Enbee for your encouragement about sewing knits. My Janome has a walking foot which I use often; in fact I have re-discovered its usefulness in topstitching, and for attaching binding. (I used the WF almost all the time I was constructing the Popover Sundresses, recently). One of these days, I will buy some knit fabric, and have another go. I have worked with rugby knit, and fleecey knit/ribbing when my nieces were little but I’d really like to try the lighter weight t-shirt fabrics, and it’s so hard to know whether the quality is worth the effort. Apart from the fact that my ‘woven’ stash is HUGE.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.