Site icon Oliver + S

packaging: your thoughts

Hey everyone.

We're making some decisions about pattern packaging this week, and I'd love your feedback.

For a while now we've been wanting to find a simpler, sturdy pattern envelope. I've been hoping for packages that can withstand lots of handling: shipping to our distributors, display and handling in stores, opening and closing the envelope, etc. We've been working with our suppliers and have found a really elegant solution that would also include a hole so it could hang in a store, which many shops have requested. The envelope would be made of a heavy and durable cardstock, so you could still cut out and use the paper dolls but wouldn't have a separate envelope once the paper dolls are cut.

So my question to you is: how important to you is the separate cardstock band with the paper dolls? If we keep it and stay with our existing packaging, our prices may need to increase next year--for the first time since I launched Oliver + S. If we change it we may be able to put off increasing pricing, but you'll lose the ability to keep the envelope and cut up just the cardstock paper dolls.

Thoughts? I'd love to hear what your opinions.

Exit mobile version