Oliver + S

Overlock shopping…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    thejennigirl @thejennigirl

Looking at the Pfaff coverlock 3.0 and the hobbylock 2.5

Anyone have either? Love? Hate?

I sew a lot of silk, satin, taffeta, organza, and such on the business front, and Janome doesn’t impress me at all (they don’t seem to be able to handle delicate fabrics, and the tension is a nightmare in my experience). Thought about a Bernina, but the closest dealer is more than 150 miles away. Luckily, there are 5 local-ish Pfaff dealers.

I would like to be able to sew swimwear, knits, and such for my kiddos as well.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I have neither machine but I found some Australian reviews

this one http://www.productreview.com.au/p/pfaff-coverlock-3-0.html

I agree with her wishing she had separate machines. I now use my overlocker/cover stitch combo purely as a cover stitch.

and this one http://www.productreview.com.au/r/pfaff-hobbylock-2-0/206970.html

Not much help I am afraid.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I’ve got a janome 664 and it has been great, but I haven’t used most of the type of fabric you use. But it will go through a number of layers of polar fleece without a hitch.

I second the separate coverstitch! I’m hopefully getting a separate coverstitch 5 years after getting my overlocker. I’m looking forward to having a separate machine and I’m glad i didn’t have the money to buy a integrated one when I got my overlocker 🙂

Also check out PatternReview website.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Not familiar with those, please report back with your conclusions!

LINK
    Robin @Robin
    LINK
    Anonymous @

I can’t help with either of those machines, but I love my Juki MO-655.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.