Oliver + S

Oops-cut the back on the fold!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • LINK
    mlinton @mlinton

Alright, I’m looking for creative ideas to salvage this dress. I cut out my pieces and then realized I cut the back on the fold & the front along the selvage. So if I switch them I’ll have a low back neckline & a very wide front neckline. What would you do?

I was planning to do the notched contrast neckline, so I have that fabric, though I’m pretty sure I will need to gather or pleat the front somehow to keep the dress from totally gaping.

I’m using a remnant so I only have a few inches of my main fabric left.

Any fun ideas?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Michelle

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Is the fabric plain or patterned? Can you add add a small front strip panel, just a cm or so, to join the front pieces?

Or can you sew the selvedges together?

LINK
    Liesl Gibson
    Keymaster
    @liesl

What about adding a pleat down the back to take up the excess, and add bias binding to both edges of the front. Before you turn and finish the binding you could sew both bindings together at what will become the outer-most fold so you get a seam down the center. Like this quick sketch.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.