Oliver + S

online button shopping

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

Does anyone buy buttons online? I would love to have a decent supply on hand and really prefer internet shopping (my kids go nutty in the button section). Nothing super fancy or expensive. I’m looking for clean and simple with good color options. Any suggestions?

many thanks!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

I purchased a HUGE bulk bag of mother of pearl buttons from ebay , for $30 , I will probably never buy buttons again, they are neutral and look very bespoke and expensive!

LINK
    icicle @icicle

motherof5 — yes! mother of pearl are my go-to/can’t find a match/simple sophisticated button of choice too. I was given a big bag of them when I did custom work for a boutique in NYC (knitting, not sewing) and am fortunately set for a while as well. They go with everything.

LINK
    Anonymous @
    LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

I was able to pop into Mood Fabrics today and stock-up on a random assortment of attractive buttons. I saw the mother of pearl and sadly they were almost out – gosh they were pretty.

thanks for the tip on the scoop of buttons from fashion sewing supply – I am going to try an order and I can always use the odd ones for kid activities.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Happy I could help. She also sells very nice interfacing as well as Swedish tracing paper. I’ve ordered several times from her and have been pleased with the prices and quality.

LINK
    Anonymous @

I just remembered this online shop for buttons as well…

http://www.jillionsofbuttons.com/category/9-mixes.aspx

LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

thank you!

(just a tad weird that they have button mixes named cauliflower and fresh eggs)

LINK
    Loralee @Loralee

I always find it a challenge to find nice buttons online and in store. The owner of my favorite fabric shop suggested buying a kit to make my own fabric covered buttons and I Love It! They always match and look very classy, I think. I even lined up a cute little piggy from the fabric on my oldest’s ice cream blouse!

LINK
    Anonymous @

I’ve found nice vintage ones but I also have trouble finding new ones that I like. I’m going to try some covered buttons on my next project. They look fun.

LINK
    Anonymous @

Oh – and I agree – the names are quite strange. Her idea of being cute, I guess.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.