Site icon Oliver + S

#oliverandsmashup Challenge. Reveal February 5, 2016

Hi All, So I think we've settled on a new challenge. Details: Reveal date: Feburary 5, 2016 Because end of year craziness and you have PLENTY of time to brainstorm, plan, and execute. "Rules": Mash-up one or more O +S pattern. Because we are so "rule" bound over here! :) FAQ: Can I use non O+S? Sure... but the idea is that it is substantially O+S. So my McCall's dress with jumprope pockets isn't really an O+S mashup. But my jumprope with library sleeves is! What qualifies as a mash up? I think the idea is that we beg, borrow, and steal various elements from various patterns to create something uniquely ours. Pockets? Check. Sleeves? Check? Plackets? Check. Hem facings? Check. Pleats or Pintucks? Check. Any elements or all elements! As a rule, I think a good way to ask yourself is this a mash-up is if you can identify the elements of the garment from different patterns. Not all elements must be O+S. :) Go crazy- just do little touches- the extent of the mashup is up to you. Isn't this just customization?- We--ellllll, yes and no. Sure you are customizing, but the idea is we steal from other patterns instead of drafting our own mods- e.g., steal a pocket pattern rather than draft and add your own. As always, we are open to other "rules"/ modifications of the rules. I am not the final arbiter, just a scribe who starts the threads! Also, any old flickr photos that qualify? Tag them. #oliverandsmashup Why not? We know many of you/us have done this already and it will be inspiration! The tags also help everyone get to see your work! Anything else?
Exit mobile version