Oliver + S

Notches on the front and back pieces

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Has any one made size 12?

Its not a biggie,but my notches don’t line up attaching the gathered piece to the top (yoke) piece.

I will double check my drafting.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I made the size 10 for Isabel and had no issues with the notches on the gathers. I did however have some matching issues with the notches on the sleeves, but I chose to ignore that and fiddled a little with it until it fit.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks Lotta,I followed the diagram and they are coming along nicely.

I did quite a lot of drafting in one day,I may have just muffed it!

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

My muslin was a size 8 and then I moved onto a size 10, but I altered the 10 for some pattern changes and the size 10 is not completed. I have set this pattern aside to address some pressing sewing needs. When I did the size 8, I had one issue, but I honestly can’t remember if it was the sleeve or the gathering at the yolk. I *think* it was the gathering at the yolk, but just did my own thing in the end. 😉 I’ll try to pull out my pattern and muslin a little later and see which it was.

Carol

LINK
    Violaisabelle @Violaisabelle

I just quickly checked my size 8 and 10 traced off pieces and my size 8 muslin. I think for me it was most likely my error. I’ll know better the next time I make this up. I traced off the size 8 and 10 at the same time onto the same pieces, trying to cut down the tracing off of single sizes, due to my experience with the Family Reunion Dress. I may well have mixed the two with the yolk pieces.

Nicole, when you have time to go back and recheck your pieces I would love to know what you find out I may well be tracing off the size 12 over the weekend. First I have to tend to needed projects at hand.

Carol

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Wil do Carol,I do think it was probably a drafting mistake.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.