Oliver + S

Need Help picking out fabric!

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • LINK
    Robin @Robin

Can I use Barbour Thornproof Dressing on canvas? Would love to make a waxed canvas bag.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

I should think it could work on most fabrics – you know the medium to heavy kind (I have personally never heard of fabrics such as “waxed voile” hehe). I mean you use something similar to coat leather jackets – Murray has a Drizabone that has to have a coating to keep it water proof.

I would do a test sample to see how it goes before taking the plunge. Let us know how it turns out.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you for the link Liesl but that is not actually what I had in mind. My good chum Sandi has pointed out to me that what I want is PU coated denim.

She found me this link http://www.marcjacobs.com/product/detail/s11mbmjean/black-coated-denim , thanks Sandi !

So if any one knows of a stockist of PU coated denim……..

Thank you!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I’ll look while I’m in New York this weekend. How often does one get to type that?

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Awesome, thank you Robin! xx

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

Have fun in New York!

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thanks to the awesome Justine, I picked up some silver coated denim in Spotters which ‘will do’.

But Robin, if you find the other, she would still *totally* love it. šŸ™‚

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hi Nicole! Mood called it glazed denim. They’ve had it in the past, they do not have any right now, but check back. šŸ™‚

No luck at any of the other shops I went to. I’ll look in Canada next week.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Robin, you are a Rock Star!

Sarvi set me up with Mood, so I get their emails.

Please don’t go to too much trouble.

LINK
    Sherry @mim22

Nicole, the spotlight store near me had that fabric in silver, gold and bronze but alas not black, we also have a couple of asian fabric stores which have some fantastic fabric, I will check with them next week. Now off to tackle Elsa’s frozen dress in crushed panne velvet, dreading all the floating fibres.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

Thank you Mim. I actually quite like the silver. Its super wide too.

Good luck with the Elsa dress. I don’t mind sewing costumes with panne velvet, it grips nicely.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.