Oliver + S

Nancy Drew for Halloween

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    Erin78 @Erin78

My daughter is really wanting to be Nancy Drew for Halloween. I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas as to how I can accurately depict this beloved book character in costume? She seems (on the book covers) to wear pencil skirts and blouses a lot, but I was wondering (since I have a lot of O + S patterns already) if you all could steer me to using one of them to accommodate my “Nancy” wannabe. Any suggestions are highly appreciated!

LINK
    Jane @jesims

What about a Sunday Brunch skirt, Sketchbook blouse and forest path cape? I would do either the cape or skirt in a plaid to sort of give it a sleuth-y feel.

Jane

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

That’s what I was thinking, a plaid skirt, maybe the Music Class blouse with a sweater vest? I would also use a magnifying glass.

LINK
    with love Heidi @with love Heidi

I always think of her in a pleated skirt like the 2+2, with music class shirt, Art Museum Vest and a well fitting cardigan with a low V neck so you can see the shirt and vest. 🙂

Not sure how accurate it is to the book or movie though.

The books always give me the impression she is well tailored and well dressed.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

My girls have a lovely Nancy Drew movie starring Emma Roberts. She wears some lovely classic clothes that she ‘sews’ her self.

If you google it you may find some nice ideas.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5
    LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

I’ve never seen that movie. The Nancy Drew I remember had less a 70s look and more of a 50s, with a nipped in waist, peter pan collars, tight sweaters. http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en&tbm=isch&q=original+nancy+drew+books&revid=257225&sa=X&ei=scBOUqvAErW44AOIoIDQBg&ved=0CDUQ1QIoAQ&dpr=1&biw=1024&bih=672

Key is that blonde bob. I guess it depends on who you want to recognize her costume, the parents or the kids.

LINK
    Erin78 @Erin78

Thank you all so much!!! I feel much more prepared and inspired to do this. Now if I could only find the right plaid!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.