Oliver + S

Most and Least Worn O+S Outfit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

As I s q u e e z e d Trixie ( 6 mnths) into her Puppet Show tunic (size 0-3 mnth), for the very last time this morning, I reflected on what a lot of wear she has had from it.

It was a good sew. She wore it as a dress as newborn through to a blouse today, with Tea Party boomers.
    Six months old

The teeny Swing Set only got a few wears as she chubbied up too quickly.

What has been a sewing win for you?
    What (sadly) didn’t get the wear?

LINK
    Justine J @justmejay

Oh, good question!

Hmmm, let’s see – most worn would have to be Harry’s red Sandbox shorts (4 years – literally worn to death):

Well loved

Rosie’s original Jump Rope got a lot of wear (2 years) –

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52151674@N08/7533487230/in/set-72157624723047073

…but plenty that have had ZERO wear too:

The sleeveless School Photo dress – only worn for the modeled pics; Lucy’s Briar Rose Jumprope – never even tried on, the purple velvet Secret Agent trench….oh dear! (Fun to look though my O+S album on Flickr though!)

LINK
    dubhels2003 @dubhels2003

I think I’m a bit new to oliver +s to play this game, but here goes anyway. Most worn are class picnics, and baby number two (5 months) is today wearing these sailboat trousers which got heaps of wear first time round, and will certainly do so again.

Sailboat Trousers

Worryingly they are size 12-18 months. I’ve been sewing her holiday wardrobe (holiday in May) in 6-12 months…fingers crossed.

Least worn, the two sail boat tops. One is stripy and I no longer like the fabric, the other has ‘I love Auntie Alice’ embroidered on it. Also the Christening bubble dress, I don’t want it ruining with dirt!!

LINK
    juliamom2009 @juliamom2009

I thought hard about this one, cause it’s a great question – then, I realized that the answer was right in front of me – 100% definitely, the most worn and least worn are from the same pattern – my daughter has worn these pajama bottoms probably about 5 days out of 7 – they are now half-way up her shins, yet she still wears them. The flannel is SO soft – she won’t wear any others. And, yes, I’ve made others! I think she may have worn the complete outfit like 5 times. I may actually take the fabric from the top and make something else out of it because she loves it so much.

New cozy pajamas!

LINK
    Robin @Robin

I learned my lesson, if it’s an O+S pattern made out of knit, Sophie will wear it. She actually wore out a pair of nature walk pants last week. Hopscotch, sailboat top, leggings, and playtime tunic have all been popular. Things made out of flannel are also well received (either pyjama pattern or the class picnic made into a dress).

LINK
    Jane @jesims

Piper loves her PJ’s. I have made two pair and they are worn on frequent rotation. @juliamom2009 one of P’s pair is a crop pant as well. 😉

Least worn, nearly everything else. She will wear most things, once or twice but that’s about it. She is very particular about fit and fabric and I usually get it wrong. It’s one of the big reasons I have slowed down on sewing. It makes me sad, but no point in spending the hours when it won’t get any use.

Jane

LINK
    etc3 @etc3

Great topic Nicole! I think my most worn items would be all the Class Picnic blouses I’ve made. Not only does my little fusspot love the style, they seem to fit for years and then get passed on to my niece who wears them for years. Great for summer but equally good layered for cooler months. My least worn item would have been the Pinwheel dress (https://www.flickr.com/photos/53315669@N07/12125206415/in/set-72157625695020383) due to my girl’s aversion to dresses. Never saw the light of day 🙁

LINK
    Jillls @Jillls

My older daughter wore her School Photo Dress for school photos and then never again. She did not like the high collar. My youngest daughter wore her Apple Picking Dress to shreds. It was also the first O&S item I made! All of the class picnic shorts get worn daily by both girls in the summertime.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Such an interesting topic. What is it about certain garments that gets them so much wear, and others so little? Fabric is a big part of it, as mentioned above. I made an After School top in a very light cream cotton and piped the top — the body of it was so light that the shirt became top heavy and was always skewing off one shoulder. Then I made it in regular quilting cotton and it looked so stiff by comparison I couldn’t stand to see it on her (though knock wood she never seems bothered). So those probably saw the least wear.

I have made her numerous Class Picnic blouses in voile and lawn and those she wears until her navel starts peeking out. They’re cool and airy, but still have sleeves — great for our hot weather. But the sleeves aren’t so long she’s always getting paint or sand on her cuffs — great for play. And they work with skirts, shorts, or pinafores — versatile.

Since she wears a uniform at school, she only wears other stuff on the weekend or to bed. Making dresses is more fun than making pyjamas, so she has lots of dresses that are worn infrequently, and a few pairs of PJs that are worn very frequently.

LINK
    lattemama @lattemama

I think my most worn garments are the two matching floral Jump Rope dresses I made when Sofia was 3. They both wore them a lot and now Sofia has started wearing the pink one I made Isabel.

Least worn was also an After School set, and the Class Picnic shorts I made Isabel. But Sofia found those and started using them for gym so all hope isn’t lost.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Lately, I think playtime dresses have been the most worn. Comfortable and easy, she can put them on herself and they still look enough like dresses to be liked, but are easy to play around in. Ice cream gets a lot of wear in the warmer months, I think. On a day like today I can’t even remember what it feels like to be warm.

The bedtime pjs or is it story time? The button up ones. They get a lot of wear by my boys. Way too short, they still keep wearing them. I need to make some presentable new ones before our trip this spring. Trouble with those is that they need a LOT of yardage.

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

Least worn: just about anything I made when my oldest was 2 or 3. She was SO picky about clothes. I had a gorgeous gray corduroy Jumprope View B that I think got worn five times, and only after much cajoling and threatening.

Most worn: Playtime leggings, all eight pairs that I have sewn. Two were worn to pieces and others outgrown. Also the Field Trip stuff that I made for DS last year about this time. He wears them at least twice a week. I had to let down the hem of the cargoes (in fact, now it is let down all the way and the serging is showing) and I am hoping they will make it through the spring. They are so hard-wearing!

LINK
    Jess M. @mommy2maria

Firstly, when did she become 6months?????? Gah, they grow too fast!

I’d say Class Picnic and Sleepover PJ’s get the most love here. Oh, and swingset tunic. Honestly, I’d make more 2+2, but I need to hunt down the larger set LOL. I also plan to make some Playdates, because those are perfect with leggings. I need to make some of my digi patterns! I forget about them because I <3 my paper patterns. I really should just buy the ones I have digital on paper. Even the Discontinued ones.

Least worn: Well that’s a tough one, because I haven’t made stuff in her current size lately.

LINK
    Reeni @Reeni

Dd’s most worn by far are the two circle-skirt long dresses based on Fairy Tale (who would have thunk). She has worn what she calls her tea dress at least 3 weeks out of 4 when she comes home from being in her school uniform… and the drop-waist version has shown up over/under other things when she should be in pants from the cold!
    I’m glad because I love them and love the way they turned out, but feel sad for the two Jump Rope sz 2 that only got worn when I deliberately pulled them out.

LINK
    beachmom @beachmom

This is a fun thread! Thanks for starting it, Nicole.:)

Hands down, the most worn O+S item in our house:
    Sketchbook Shorts

Patrick wore the shorts constantly the last 2 years. If they were clean (and sometimes when they weren’t!) he wore them.;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.