Oliver + S

Mega dress combining both views

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Robin,

If you find a fabric, share the link. 🙂

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

No, it will be awesome! I want to make the full on version too. So very very wonderful!

I read through the directions last night. As usual, they are well put together. I don’t think there’s anything especially difficult at all. For an experienced sewer, it’s not a difficult dress and for someone less experienced, I think if you just take your time, it will work out well.

I do wonder, actually, how people prefer to finish the armsyce seams. The rest of the dress is lined, so no raw edges showing, but what about sleeves? I like to bind them, especially for a fraying fabric or a really special dress, but that is definitely time consuming. I suppose you could turn the seams inward and stitch the lining to the seam allowance, but wouldn’t that make a little bulk in the shoulders?

LINK
    aegean17 @aegean17

I was wondering why the sleeves or the armhole edges aren’t caught in the bodice layers? I’m having a hard time visualizing the lining steps in the directions. I might assemble things differently next time just so I can avoid the bias facing – which I tried last night and totally botched 🙂

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Jenny, what about Anna Maria Horner’s new Field Study fabric? She’s got some animal prints that might work.

LINK
    cybele727 @cybele727

Spotted in the corner might work well. The scale is small, which when using animal on a little girl, I think is KEY.

Fine feather is really nice too. I am seriously having problems deciding b/c there are so many awesome fabrics out there and this dress can go fancy pants or total casual or anything in between! 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.