Oliver + S

matching stripes for sailboat pants

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • LINK
    SarahGreen @moonglowmama

I’ve got a great stripe for the sailboat pants- a heavy cotton with a thin grey stripe sewn into it.

I understand about matching the pattern pieces to align the stripes of the pant legs, but I am wondering what will happen when I attach the “side-front” panel.

I think I should use the notches to align the pattern piece to the same part of the fabric design, but I haven’t yet made these and worry it will be off by a smidge and look terrible.

Any advice?

LINK
    mrskanuckles @mrskanuckles

I cheated and turned mine the other way..

Sailboat pants size 2T.

I am not very good at aligning anything πŸ™

LINK
    Masha Richart
    Keymaster
    @roundtheworldgirl

That is what I did when I made mine too. (Hi, S!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23557464@N03/7117764155/in/set-72157629901874815/

Sigh, they still fit but she won’t wear them.

LINK
    SarahGreen @moonglowmama

Those are both adorable! And just my kind of solution. (and Hello!! I’ve been thinking about you as I sew- so grateful you pointed me to O+S!)

I didn’t remember seeing N in those… so stinkin’ cute! At least since she won’t wear them, they’ll be in good shape for the next kid.

going now to finish the cutting. πŸ™‚

LINK
    Robin @Robin

Hey, I have some linen sailboat pants my daughter won’t wear. I do love these pants.

LINK
    SarahGreen @moonglowmama

Ugh, my girls better wear theirs!!! Y’all are making me nervous. πŸ™‚

LINK
    sayiamyou @maraya

I would turn the stripes too, and love the examples. I’ve made these for my daughter several times over the years and love them on her. I plan on making some for my son too. I hope you have luck with your girls!

LINK
    sosew @sosew

I just did this with some seersucker. I just cut the fabric randomly and then instead of aligning with the pieces as marked I shifted them slightly to get the stripes to line up.

Since it was a thin stripe it worked fine. I sewed it in place and added decorative buttons to keep the alignment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.