Oliver + S

Look Ma, No Hands!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 149 total)
  • LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

All so beautiful! Indeed everything worth boating about!

I am very excited to see yours Heidi!

My best?? I not sure which would be my best, hhhmmm. This is favorite dress so far http://www.flickr.com/photos/mama_knowles03/8622614667/in/set-72157633130101548

If not for Tamara I would not have been able to make it for Sarah.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Sharon, that is beautiful work!

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I like all the clothing previously posted. The Secret Agent Trench is cute, Nicole. I love that pattern. I just finished the Art Museum pattern and I love it! http://www.flickr.com/photos/66494254@N06/9951708354/in/photostream/ I like complex patterns like the School Photo, the Secret Agent, the Fairytale and now I love the Art Museum.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Oh blooming heck Sharon! You have me blushing again!! That was your own beautiful work, I just answered questions and applauded (still) a job well done!

I don’t have a stand out but I am especially proud of the welt pockets on Noah’s vest I made yesterday. Believe it or not that was only the second time I have used this technique and here I was thinking I was an experienced sewist!

Jennifer I also like the challenge of complex patterns. Ok, I own up, I think my favourite piece so far would have to be the denim School photo dress with the Italian smocked bodice

http://www.flickr.com/photos/justsewit_tk/6157967850/in/set-72157632548152675, http://www.flickr.com/photos/justsewit_tk/6157968368/in/set-72157632548152675/

I have visions of doing this dress again but using a piecing technique. I may have to size it up first though.

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch

I LOVED that dress Tamara,. Did your daughter ever warm to it?

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Not really Lightning. I pulled it out this morning and found the zip is damaged and will need to be replaced. I was wanting her to try it on so that I could see where I needed to adjust and resize in the pattern – length definitely.

It is a real shame but I think it was because it was denim. Mind you I made her one in pink corduroy and she didn’t wear that one a lot either. I feel inspired to do some creative techniques on it after watching that craftsy class. I think it would be a perfect pattern.

LINK
    Jennifer1568 @Jennifer1568

I loved that dress, too, Tamara. I want to make that pattern again. I have been pondering fabric choices. I want to use something with texture.

LINK
    Sarvi @Sarvi

Jennifer, I love the Art Museum combo on your girl. It’s really elegant.

And justsewit, i agree with Lightning, the smocking on that dress is so unusual and looks fantastic in the denim.

LINK
    meleliza @meleliza

Jennifer, I love that outfit! She looks like she’s ready to go off to work at Vogue Jr or something. And Tamara, the smocking is really outstanding!

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Yes I agree Jennifer, that outfit on your daughter is really lovely – I remember my mum had a pattern very similar when I was about ten years old and pleading for her to make it. I still love the style.

Thanks ladies! Re smocking I just purchased an e book with video on Canadian Smocking which I have always known as lattice smocking. It has a few rather interesting designs I think would be not as complex to do as it would to look at once finished. But I do love Italian smocking after doing that dress. Unfortunately it is the only finished piece I have managed.

Keep in mind though this was a competition piece. I need to think more like that for everyday sewing I think.

LINK
    Mama_Knowles @Mama_Knowles

Tamara that has to be my all time favorite dress that you have made!! I am hoping to try it some day.

LINK
    Tamara @justsewit

Thankyou! Well in that case then Sharon, I will have to dig out the pattern.

LINK
    Nicole @motherof5

That denim dress is my favourite of all your sewing Tamara. Absolutely beautiful.

Sharon, you did a marvellous job of the smocking on Sweet Peas dress.

Gorgeous outfit Jennifer.

LINK
    needlewoman @needlewoman

Ditto to all of above!!

LINK
    Lightning McStitch @LightningMcStitch
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 149 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

copyright

Unless otherwise credited, all work on this blog is © Liesl + Co., Inc, 2008-2024. You are welcome to link to this blog, but please ask permission before using any text or images.